A touching story about a mysterious old foreigner and a young cafe waitress. The old gentleman visits India after 25 long years and becomes a regular at the charming town cafe. The conversations at the corner table reveal a mystery and tell us how strangers can sometimes become friends in the most unexpected way! Watch this short film to explore and understand the complexities of human relationships and the bitter sweet moments of life.
Producer: Emmanuel Pappas
Director: Manjari Makijany
Screenplay: Manjari Makijany
Director of Photography: Kevin Pereira
Music Composers: Salim & Sulaiman
Editor: Abhijit Deshpande
Festivals & Awards
– Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival, 2014 – WINNER, BEST ACTOR and ‘Special Jury Mention’
– New York Indian Film Festival, 2014- Nominated, Best Short Film
– Emerging Filmmakers Showcase at the American Pavilion, Cannes Film Festival, 2014 (Only Indian Film showcased at the AmPav).
– Rochester International Film Festival – Awarded Certificate of Cinematic Excellence, April, 2014
– Palm Springs International ShortFest – Film Market, 2014
– Cannes Short Film Corner, 2014
– Indian Film Festival of Stuttgart, July 2014
– Indian FilmFestival de Hague, 2014
– Arizona International Film Festival, 2014
– Boston Asian American Film Festival, 2014
– North Carolina Global Film Festival – Won Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Direction, Jan 2015.
– FICCI FLO – Films Division India, 19th Feb, 2016.